The Maryland Community College Simulation User Network (MCCSUN) was originally formed under an NSPII Phase Four Grant awarded through Hagerstown Community College in 2009. The inaugural Quest for Excellence conference was held at Hagerstown Community College in that same year, which focused on faculty development specific to the simulation pedagogy. When the grant expired in June of 2014, MCCSUN became a standing committee of the Maryland Organization for Associate Degree Nursing (MDOADN). In March of 2017, MCSUN changed its name to the Maryland Community and College Simulation User Network (MCCSUN) to reflect its inclusion of members from baccalaureate schools, as well as other clinical educators across the region. In June of 2017, MCCSUN became an independent entity, with a continued focus on establishing a dynamic, simulation learning community for clinical educators across the state and surrounding region.
We hope that you will take advantage of your member benefits which include:
- Access to a networking contact list of organization members.
- A discount on MCCSUN’s Quest for Excellence educational conference held annually in June.
- Opportunity to attend bimonthly meetings for networking, education and organizational business where lunch is offered.
- Access to a member’s only corner with a networking blog and educational postings.
- Enhancement of your leadership skills through serving on a committee or running for a position on the Executive Board.
Membership application and information can be found by clicking on the tab: Membership Info